Our new website at www.episcochaplain.org can help you reach us when you are planning to be here or when you are being cared for in the Stanford Hospital and Medical Center.
Please let us know if you or a member of your family will be here so we can visit. It is easy to reach us:
- Between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.: just contact the Spiritual Care Service by phone (dial 3-5101 from any hospital phone or 650-723-5101).
- Between 5 p.m. and 9 a.m.: please page the on-call chaplain by calling (650) 723-8222, and then entering the page number: 15683.
- In an emergency: please ask your nurse to page the on-call chaplain. They are available 24/7/365 and serve as a first line of care in emergencies.
We complement the Hospital’s Spiritual Care Service by ministering through the Episcopal Church’s traditions and services as found in the Book of Common Prayer. We hope you will let us know if you or someone in your family will be staying in Stanford Hospital – we’d love to visit while you are here.
Sometimes during our visits we pray together using the Book of Common Prayer, read a familiar Psalm or bring you communion that was consecrated in a nearby Episcopal church. On other visits we may engage in open-hearted conversation. Sometimes we just listen. Our goal is to offer pastoral care in the tradition of the Episcopal Church, bringing familiar rites and prayers into your life while you are here.
Our chaplain, The Rev. Tom Jackson, is available to minister to you. He can anoint patients, pray with you; or celebrate communion in your room for you and your family. He can provide the Episcopal service for Reconciliation of a Penitent (which is also known as confession). Fr. Tom can also assist if you need spiritual counseling while completing an Advance Directive.
At our new site you can:
- Contact us,
- Learn how we can help during a hospital stay,
- Meet our chaplain,
- Meet our sponsoring parishes and organizations;
- Discover how you can work with us as a volunteer; and
- See how you can help support our ministry.
Please contact us if you would like a visit or have a question about our Chaplaincy.
Thank you for your interest and support.